Larry

 Hi, Dad. Just wanted to let you know that this Sunday (the 3rd), I'm going to a memorial for Larry Mason. It has been many months since his passing in Montana where he and Sandy had moved to. How difficult to feel the emptiness that he is gone now, along with Danny. They are both missed. You might have already known about Larry, it prudent to let you know though, in my own way. 

I am sorry that I am no longer posting your letters here. It became so so hard for me to read of your excursions and treks across Europe and know that I will never know the places you have been to nor see the wonder that you wrote about. It also brought back to me the painful knowledge that I will not ever see your face again or feel you pat my back as you told me life would be okay. Life is not okay, Dad, without you in it. 

One last thing I want to share with you is that I found my baby. She was thirty-eight by the time we found each other. Oh, Dad, she looks like Mom, but with Grandma's eyes and light hair. She has my fair skin. She has your daunting attitude and fierce personality, but she is loving, accepting, and giving - also like you. It breaks my heart to think that you two never knew each other because you would have loved her, Dad. She would have been another Baby Bear. She needed you in her life growing up as she also has my stubborn defiance. Both Stephanie and I have said so many times that you and she would have loved each other so much.  

Love you, Dad. Always. 

Comments

Popular Posts