2016 Presidential Election: Who Do I Vote For?

"There is a quick way to measure if an idea is good. Ask two questions: Does believing this idea make a person more ethical? Does the idea hold all people accountable to the same moral code? For Nazis, Communists and Islamic radicals, the answer to both is no." Dennis Prager

 I'm beginning to worry about who should be our next president.  at first I thought if I just read everything out there I would understand, it would all make sense, and I would know who to vote for. But that's not what's happening. All that's out there is hateful stuff.  Did neither of them do anything good for our country in the last few years?

So here's my only social media weigh-in on the two contenders:

Trumpsters  are doing their best to make Hillary look bad by saying a decision she made killed 4 people, therefore they would have us believe she is inherently evil.

Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford were all presidents during the Vietnam war. How many people died? I didn't look it up.   Did you know it wasn't even a war? Whose "fault" is it that the U. S.  fought so hard and allowed such carnage to all sides and it was only a "conflict".  The U. S. never declare war - I believe that was a huge mistake.   The living are still paying for it.

If one of those presidents had been a woman, would the American public have been so quick to blame the men who fought? (because remember,  they went over there and fought and it wasn't even a war.) I think not. I bet the white house would have been overrun and she drug into the streets.

Yes, Hilary has made mistakes. Name a president who is mistake free... Or mistake free before becoming president... but she has secrets.

On the other hand, I was fully prepared to vote for Trump. Then I began watching, listening, and reading. He himself has convinced me otherwise. Too often, Trump denigrates women. He has actually compared how his wife looks to other candidate's wives. (Sexism/arm candy is not what it's about). He publicly flipps people off,  bullies people,  and routinely calls people bad names. Other countries are already warning the U. S. that if Trump wins, he's not welcome in their country.

Yes, he's saying a lot of things that all of us are thinking and feeling. Do we really want to get on the level we remember so well from 8th grade and fight this out by shouting hate and lies the loudest? I hope not.

Ra, ra, ra! Trump sure can get our adrenaline pumping! How many of you who are jumping up and down with a beer in one hand and pom poms in the other are willing to rush out your front door and fight back all those immigrants he's talking about? Maybe beat on you're wife first 'cause you're convinced she should look like his wife? Kick a dog? Which country do you think he'll go live in when he makes his first big mistake? (he's got money every where)

I'm not going to decide by how much mud is thrown - they're both slinging it - I'm going to decide by how they act in public: he or she will be representing MY country, therefore, me. I'm going to listen to the words each one speaks: Are those words constructive? Are those words meant to lift or to tear down? Am I offended by them? Would my, your, or anyones Lord and Savior be offended?

I'm going to deconstruct the intent of each ones claims. Will I benefit? Will my children's children's children benefit or will they pay a price?

We are the government. The president is our representative. Please, do some research. We have to pick one. Pick the right one.

Comments

Popular Posts