February 15, 1946 League of Nations

2/15/1946

Hey, Dad.  Sorry to hear that your bar was shut down. It was bound to happen, you had to leave so often and the ones you left in charge didn't care about it like you did. I still don't have a mug from there - only a photo. I've given up believing Lynn will ever give me one - he is too selfish. He believes he needs to have them all.

I looked up the League of Nations in Geneva. It's beautiful. I don't remember seeing any pictures of it in all the ones I saw that remained of the many you kept when you and Mom married. But then, when I was young, it wouldn't have meant much. It does now, tho.

Surprising, and sad, that I'm learning so much from you, even now that you are gone. I wish you and I could have traveled your memories together and found all this on my computer. It would have been fun.

I don't remember seeing any photos of St. Peter's Cathedral (or Saint Pierre), either. As I read about it, I found there were towers and visitors are allowed to go up into the towers - I'd be willing to bet that is where you went. I remember that you liked climbing the Eiffel Tower and I remember the picture of you there.

 You talked a lot about this picture and your friends who whet there with you. Grandma once told me that she didn't want you to go into the Service because she was so worried about you and everyone while you were away. I wish she would have told you how she felt.

Stephanie and Dan are living with me - only for a short time. You would have liked Dan, Dad. He knows how to treat people and he is a good person (I think he eats watermelon, too). Most of all, he makes Stephanie happy. I wish you could see them together, it would make you smile. After everything that she has gone through, I think she is once again happy. She misses you as much as I do, Dad. The first time she brought Dan to meet me, she also took him to meet you. I know that she always expressed her love for you and now that you are gone, I'm so glad she did.

Love you, Dad. Miss you.  -  Patti






Comments

Popular Posts