January 2, 1925

Hi, Dad.  Happy Birthday. Today, January 2 is your 91st birthday. I still miss you like crazy.

Some people believe that to fail to "let go" of a loved one keeps them here and in pain because their spirit stays here. I've tried to let you go, but every day there is another thought of you and wishing you were here. You always knew what to do. I could ask you and you always just knew what to do. I am so lost without you.

Stephanie was here with me when I broke my elbow and during those few days she had to do a Skype interview with Mozilla. She used my computer desk and later told me that whenever she became nervous all she had to do was look up at your picture there on the wall above her computer. She felt comforted just by your photo, as do I. You are still Papa Bear, and I believe she is still Baby Bear.

Happy Birthday, Dad. We love you.
Patti

Comments

Popular Posts