January 27, 1046

January 27, 1946


Dad,

Your picture is still up in Walmart. They moved it, though, so I have some trouble finding it now, but I always see you there.

Did you know that Mom kept a picture of the girlfriend you had in Switzerland? Or wherever you lived then. Yes, Mom kept a picture of her and I can barely remember it. Actually, what I remember is the look on Mom's face when she showed it to me more than the woman in the picture. Mom was amused. She was smiling. Mom knew you loved her and not the memory of someone in another country. I'm glad.

Wish I could have traveled like you have, though if Brussels is that cold - I wouldn't go there. The older I've gotten, the less I like being in the cold.

Yes, Dad, our family has grown a lot. We aren't close, though. I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with Pam, Dorothy's daughter. She seems nice. She asked a few questions about family history. Seems strange to hear someones voice who I didn't know existed but that sounds like others of our family. She sounds a lot like Cindy - but I didn't tell Cindy that because for some reason, she is afraid of Pam. Maybe it's because of what she's heard on the Internet, or maybe she heard something from Dorothy or Esther, I don't know. But Pam is nice and I hope they can meet some day.

Memorial Day is coming up Dad. I hate that day. I remember you every day, but that day reminds me that you are not a phone call away.

Love you,
Patti





 

Comments

Popular Posts