Merry Christmas

Dad,

There is something I haven't shared with you till now. It breaks my heart to have had to wait.

My baby and me found each other.

You would have loved her, Dad. She is so much like you - and me!

The shape of her face, her nose, mouth, and chin are like Mom's. Everything else is like me and you, except she has the color of Grandma's beautiful light blue eyes. And she's tall! Well, taller than me - I think she said she is 5' 7".

Dad, I don't know how to fix this. I always felt in my heart that she was "stolen" and shortly after I met her, she asked me why I gave her up. I shared everything I had, everything I knew, including that I believe she was stolen from me. I just couldn't explain how. Then one day, she called me to say that she had evidence (and a belief) that she was stolen, too.

You would know what to do, Dad. No one else cares. There's no one I can turn to and Melissa (that's her name) is afraid of contacting the State to open her records. She's afraid of finding out that the people she knows as Mom and Dad and family, are the ones who took her from me. They were good to her - I can't have asked for more, so I can understand, and I don't blame her. That leaves me with nowhere to go.

But you would know what to do. I miss you so much. I thought of you all day as I made Christmas cookies for Stephanie and Dan. Thank heaven for Stephanie.

...   ...

I guess you did know what to do, after all. You loved Stephanie so much that she can't imagine any other "Grandpa Bear" and it makes me see now why Melissa is afraid to find out the truth. I wouldn't hurt Stephanie like that for anything - not anything. I love her that much, too.

Thanks, Dad. Merry Christmas. I hope you were warm where ever you were this Christmas in 1945. I hope you had someone to celebrate with. ...and you birthday is right around the corner.

Patti

Comments

Popular Posts