My Christmas Wish List

I got up early today and intended to drive 45 miles to the city to get the bulk of my Christmas shopping done. My clothes were clean, my shoes were on and I even added mascara to my tired eyes. Then I turned on my computer.

Four hours later, my shopping was finished and I hadn’t yet left my office. Isn’t is a wonderful world I live in? I didn’t have to put up with all the other crazy people out there running around, driving around and shouting all around trying to get their holiday shopping finished.

The only part of Christmas today I think has run amok, is the use of Christmas Lists or Wish Lists that pepper every web site during the holiday season. It leaves nothing to the imagination, and destroys the uninhibited fun of looking for something special for someone special. Wait!... did I just say that? I don't like shopping when everyone else is shopping so this works for me. But...

When I was young (yes, another one of THOSE stories), we rarely asked for anything in particular because anything at all was welcomed. My siblings and I didn’t receive many gifts. We especially didn’t open packages containing something we didn’t absolutely need. I never had a list of items for Santa or my parents to order for me, and rarely did I ask for something special.

Next year, I might once again walk the beat and ignore the Wish Lists.

Pinxter

Comments

Popular Posts